Quite simply, our best ever 20 tonne excavator.
Max Bkt Tearout
Max Engine Power
Max Op. Weight
JCB’s vision from the start was to design and engineer our most advanced 20 tonne tracked excavator. In fact, our best ever.
Listening to customer demands, our engineering teams have obsessed over every minute detail of this world-class excavator. Using automotive quality materials and proven components, our design is both rugged and refined.
The result is a machine to be taken seriously…A machine to be trusted.
Now includes special factory upgrades as standard until 30/06/2020:
- Warranty: 3 years / 6000 hours Premier Cover Warranty.
- Service: 1500 hours FREE scheduled servicing.
It’s taken 4 years of hydraulic, electronic and electrical development and thousands of hours of extreme endurance testing, to build you a machine that doesn’t just look extremely strong, it is extremely strong.
Tested to extremes:
- Whole machine shaker rig used to replicate 15,000 hours of tracking and vibration. 1.1 million test cycles completed on our latest
dig end which has been proven by over 10,000 machines across the globe. Exhaustive testing on purpose built electronics and
electric rigs to prove connections, layout and software.
- 30,000 window and door operation tests completed to prove components quality.
- Hot and cold climate testing (55ºC to -30ºC) performed in controlled conditions and locations around the world.
Exceptional build quality:
- Proven undercarriage with fully-welded X frame construction for long-term durability with components supplied by industry-leading suppliers.
- SAE flange hydraulic fittings are extensively used to provide robust hose connections.
- Rigid upper frame, flat revolver side skirts and double skinned doors with new plated hinges provide greater strength. Extremely robust fold back mechanism for cab mirror. Finite Element Analysis ensures longer life for key components.
We’ve used ergonomic design, automotive quality materials and engineering excellence to deliver exceptional comfort. And with ride comfort and low noise to rival the best in the business, there’s enough to make even the most demanding operator extremely happy.
Best operator environment:
- Spacious JCB CommandPlus cab with high quality injection moulded interior. Industry-leading Grammer seat with wide, adjustable arm rests that reclines 145º. New track pedal design with T-bars as standard with non-slip coating and optimised ergonomics.
- Joystick and switch controls are mounted to pods which are suspended from the seat and move with the operator for optimum control
and less fatigue.
- Powerful new HVAC, with 11 targeted vents for optimum performance in hot and cold environments. Cool/heat box as standard.
- Industry standard isolator lever operation prevents accidental activation when exiting the cab.
- Spacious luggage tray behind operators seat with 3 independent 12V power supplies. Another handy storage space can be found at the back of the cab in the roof liner, including a hanger for the operator’s helmet.
- Bluetooth radio is fully integrated into the control screen.
- Latest generation Japanese hydraulics deliver precise and efficient control.
- Operator can select Auto-Stop and Auto-Idle depending on preference.
- Customisable proportional controls allow the operator to set their preference of speed and control of attachments. New dozer option adds extra versatility. Power boost button increases pressure by 10% for up to 9 seconds to provide extra tearout in tough conditions.
- Tracking speed can be found on the joystick for on the move tracking change, whilst a convenience button lets you configure a range of functions such as radio mute, camera cycle, or front screen wash.
- New slew drive provides high torque on acceleration and braking for greater controllability and refinement.
Using latest ergonomic design and with the help of customer and operator feedback, the new 210X and 220X have been designed to be easy to use and easy to transport making it easy to get more work done.
Best-in-class ease of use:
- Start-stop button for ease of start-up means the operator doesn’t have to turn the key to start it back up again. The start sequence also allows you to start digging within 2 seconds. An intuitive menu navigation can be configured into multiple languages to suit most operators.
- Pipework shut-off taps now added as standard with SAE fittings, to enable quick connection of attachments when taking a hydraulic option.
- Easy quickhitch provides simplified operation with an override for removing large breakers or fork attachments.
- Advanced tool select system improves attachment handling by monitoring pressure and flow. There is tool storage as standard for
up to 10 tools.
- Machine lifting and transportation has been made easier due to dedicated lifting points and because the 210X and 220X are only 3.1m high, they can be transported on 900mm trailer beds which meets transport legislation (specification dependant).
- The cab includes mounts as standard to allow guards to be fitted in the field and also includes flat front glass for easy replacement.
EXPERIENCE GREATER PERFORMANCE
We’ve invested 4 years of research and development and listened to 1,000 customers like you to build a machine that’s ready to perform in the most extreme conditions; 55ºC heat or freezing temperatures. A machine that works with extreme efficiency on the demolition site or non-stop in the quarry.
- Hydraulic pipes and hoses have a large diameter for increased productivity and efficiency. An innovative hydraulic regeneration system
means oil is recycled across the cylinders for faster cycle times and reduced fuel consumption.
- Large diameter rotary coupling between the upper and lower structures provides better efficiency and productivity.
- 2.7m wide upper structure with a centrally mounted boom provides a centralised dig path and reduced slew bearing loading.
- Auto-stop and Auto-idle on the JCB’s EcoMAX Tier 4F / IV engine provides fuel saving of up to 5%. Machine cooling in 55ºC heat with air conditioning running has been achieved with a bigger fan and engine mounted fan cowl for optimum airflow.
- For extra versatility, JCB offers a full list of auxiliary pipework options including hammer, merged pump flow, auxiliary, and low flow.
- Long reach and T.A.B. dig ends with low flow auxiliaries and lighting systems are also available.
EXTRAORDINARY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- All components are painted in house using a state-of-the-art paint facility to deliver a high quality finish that’s checked for paint adhesion
and coverage. All machines undergo 1,232 validation checks including an intense hot test focusing on vibration, pressure and heat to replicate real-life applications.
- Significantly reduced vented and open areas means inherently stronger bodywork and reduced painted edges.
- Doors are bolted directly to the house frame and remain rust-free due to a zinc coating on all wear faces. All fasteners have a zinc finish (Geomet) for improved corrosion resistance, a new bolt and washer design protects paint from damage.
- New recessed counterweight design protects the rear end and machine branding from impact damage. World-class assembly.
- Robot welding of the dig end and undercarriage ensures consistent quality and accuracy.
- The slew ring is machined after manufacturing and welding to ensure a flat surface that reduces slewing noise.
EXTENDED SERVICE INTERVALS
The new 210X and 220X have been designed with greater productivity in mind and that means spending more time working and less time being serviced. Longer service intervals, quality parts and easy access to maintenance points all help to save you time and money.
- Grouped greasing points make regular maintenance easier and quicker.
- Optional refuelling pump has an in-line fuel filter to protect the pump and engine.
- Ground level access to hour meter, HVAC filter, cab air filter and single fuse box. Optional LED convenience lighting for the service bay and upper structure.
- Bolt-on handrails and mirrors for easy replacement if damaged.
- 2,000 hour engine air filter life achieved using a standard fit system with Powercore Nanofilter technology.
- Large cooling pack means more efficient cooling due to wider spacing fins which reduce clogging.
- A cover over the battery provides useful storage space in addition to the tool box.
JCB take safety very seriously and we make sure this forms an important part of the design process. So whether you’re an operator, service engineer or site worker, we make working safer.
- The 210X and 220X boast anti-slip surfaces and comfortable, well positioned grab handles and an area free of tread plate dimples to allow for kneeling during servicing.
- Flattest, safest operator access to the top of the machine with built in kick strips around the edges.
- Optional twin or 360º cameras helps operators operate safely.
- Operator safety is paramount to JCB and the optional dipper limiter can be configured through the display to avoid a cab strike.