542-70 Agri Telehandler
Introducing the 542-70 as part of the new range of agricultural telehandlers.
Max Engine Power
Max Lift Capacity
Max Lift Height
Introducing the 542-70 as part of the new range of agricultural telehandlers. Choose between the AGRI, AGRI Plus, AGRI Super and top of the range AGRI Pro model with the world’s first 2-in-1 transmission.
On top of being the world’s No.1 telescopic handler with our industry-renowned fuel efficiency, hydraulics, drive train, safety features, structure, serviceability and increased productivity with greater lift performance across the range… our best cab ever.
- New UN Stage 3 EcoMAX engine without exhaust after-treatments like DPF’s and SCR
- Increased lift capacity at full height over the outgoing 541-70 model
- New CommandPlus Cab
- New Best-in-class Noise, new cab gives the operator best-in-class noise at 69db
- 12% increase in size to give best-in-class cab volume and storage for the operator
- 14% increased visibility through new seamless one-piece curved glass, to maintain best-in-class all-round visibility
- 10% increase in airflow performance and 66% faster defrost times are the results of a complete HVAC redesign
- New Auto Smooth Ride System giving the operator unsurpassed operator comfort
- Increased fuel capacity over the outgoing 541-70 model
JCB’s Best Productivity
Unparalleled productivity courtesy of Smart Hydraulics, superior performance and efficient design.
- New increased lifting performance throughout the range.
- All-new CommandPlus cab provides operators of all shapes and sizes with a comfortable driving position and extra space, to help work productively with less fatigue over a long working day.
- Regenerative hydraulics harness gravitational forces for quicker boom lowering and retract.
- Hydraulic auxiliary venting releases pressure from inside and outside the cab for quick and safe agricultural attachment changeover.
JCB’s Best Structures
Built and tested to withstand the toughest jobs using durable components and innovative manufacturing processes.
- One-piece fully welded chassis maximises strength and minimises weight.
- The thickest side plates in the industry help protect the internals and your investment.
- Large boom overlaps of 1m for ultimate strength and durability.
- New frameless mirrors are recessed within machine footprint to avoid damage when working close to buildings and other obstacles.
JCB’s Best Safety Features
Designed to protect the operator and guard against accidents.
- Seamless one-piece curved glass provides best-in-class all-round visibility and excellent headroom.
- New set of grab handles for excellent access and egress.
- New hydraulic twin-line trailer brake system which adjusts to allow the operator to connect a more traditional single-line braked trailer.
- Patented Adaptive Load Control System controls hydraulic operation to ensure machine stability at all times.
JCB’s Best Drivetrain
Designed and built to work seamlessly and in harmony across a wide range of agricultural applications.
- We are the only manufacturer of agricultural products to make our complete drivetrain for maximum performance and efficiency with harmonious operation of gearbox and engine.
- Widest range of engine to gearbox options from 74hp to 145hp (55kW to 108kW) and from 4-speed to 6-speed gearbox.
- DualTech VT is the world’s only 2-in-1 transmission, giving a seamless transition fromhydrostatic to powershift and is available on the AGRI Pro model.
- Fleximode provides independent engine speed and ground speed control.
JCB’s Best Hydraulics
Our Smart Hydraulics package improves cycle time and reduces fuel consumption.
- Boom end damping improves material retention and makes for a smoother work cycle.
- Auto bucket control makes it easier to meter out or fully empty material from your bucket or manure fork via a feature button on the joystick.
- New hydraulic auxiliary venting releases pressure from inside and outside the cab for quick and safe attachment changeover.
- New optional Chassis Sway is a hydraulic levelling adjustment at the front axle for precision load placement.
JCB’s Best Fuel Efficiency
Our JCB EcoMAX engine provides fuel-efficient matching of transmission and hydraulics.
- Legendary efficiency thanks to our proven JCB EcoMAX engine with no DPF.
- Regenerative hydraulics harness gravitational force to reduce excessive revving of engine.
- ECO mode on AGRI Pro models allow the machine to use less engine revs during applications where full engine power is not needed.
- Best-in-class fuel efficiency of 5.97 litres per hour based on over 2.5 million machine hours in farms around the world.
JCB’s Best Serviceability
Long service intervals and quick and easy maintenance means you spend more time working.
- Centralised greasing facility makes for quicker and easier servicing.
- Every filter is centrally located for easy access.
- No costly DPF to replace or worry about.
- New easy access to HVAC filter to avoid being overlooked.
And don’t forget…JCB’s Best Cab
Our all-new CommandPlus cab provides operators with the ultimate experience:
- 12% increase in size to give best-in-class cab volume.
- 50% reduction in cab noise to give a best-in-class 69dBA.
- 14% increase in upward visibility through new seamless one-piece curved glazing, to maintain
best-in-class all-round visibility.
- 66% better defrost time and 10% increase in airflow performance are the result of a complete HVAC redesign.